Before you commit to a medical bill to avoid “collections” or credit scarring, review carefully the bills before you pay. Mistakes are common!
Here, are the ten most common medical coding and billing mistakes that cause claim denials so you can avoid them in your business and life:
- Claim is not specific enough. …
- Claim is missing information. …
- Claim not filed on time (aka: Timely Filing)
- Incorrect Patient Information
- Coding errors
- Duplicate billing
- Upcoding or upbundling
- Further documentation to support medical necessity
- Referral or prior authorization required
- Services not covered, coverage terminated
This month we cover more on medical expenses in the NOTWORK.